Tuesday, October 28, 2014

DIY BEAD KEY CHAIN



I have a super quick DIY project for you today . I decided to make one as I was in desperate need of one . I usually keep all my spare house keys tucked away in a drawer , but my toddler has discovered said drawers and pulls absolutely everything out at least twice a day . Weirdest place I have found a key this week was by the ranchslider in our bedroom and in the bathroom too . Its a treasure hunt everyday in my house !
This key chain is not only vital to keep all my keys together but it looks mighty cute . 
Got 10 minutes up your sleeve ? Make one !

Tools of the trade ::
-  wooden beads
-  leather cord
-  split ring / key chain ring
-  paint ( even nail polish works )
-  paint brush / cotton bud

Time ::
10 minutes

Cost ::
Under $10 . I can't stress this enough , use what you have at home . Save yourself the money and time . Upcycle !




1 .     Paint your beads . I went for a gold metallic paint . Designs and colours are totally up to you . For the perfect line , use painters tape or washi tape .




2 .        Tie the leather cord onto the split ring . I believe the one I did is called a 'cow hitch' . 




3 .     Thread on your beads , both ends of cord need to pass through each bead . Push your beads right to the end and then tie a knot right under the last bead . Cut cord ends to where you want it to finish . D O N E !









No comments:

Post a Comment