Thursday, December 11, 2014

DIY MARKER MUGS




Today I bring you a very easy project . DIY Marker Mugs .
All you need is a plain white mug and an oil based permanent marker . If you want you can purchase a ceramic paint marker from Gordon Harris . I would recommend this if you want guaranteed results as I have seen a lot of marker mug tutorial fails .

A little bit of patience is required . And in my case , a distracted toddler is also a plus ! My black triangle mug was harder to draw than it needed to be because I had a little rascal bumping into me .




So before you begin your design , make sure your mugs are clean . Then you can start drawing your design . Feel free to practise beforehand to perfect your design . I prefer simple designs and opted for black and gold .





Once you have finished your design , set aside for 24 hours to air dry . Turn your oven to 210 celsius . Pop your mug on a tray in the oven while it is pre heating . Bake for 30 - 35 minutes .

After at least 30 minutes , turn off your oven and let the mug cool a bit . Then take out your mug and let cool completely for another 24 hours to cure .

Good luck , hope they turn out well !




No comments:

Post a Comment